I’m sorry I haven’t updated my blog in a while, but I’ve been really busy. I am always on the go. I’ve changed so much in the last two months! I turned eight months old yesterday! Mommy says she’s already thinking about my first birthday and my smash cake - wonder what that is?
Today I went to the Little Gym for the first time. It was lots of fun! I got to do somersaults and walk on the balance beam and chase after bubbles. I think I liked the bubbles the best. Mommy and I practiced somersaults when we got home, and they’re lots of fun, too. Mommy says I get to go back to the Little Gym every week. I can’t wait!
Yesterday I went to the Botanical Gardens with some friends. I saw the Koi fish - they have really big mouths, but they were pretty. There was a neat kids area with a water park. Since it was so hot out, Mommy stripped me down and I got to play in the water. I liked tasting all the leaves on the ground, but Mommy kept taking them away. Hmph! Mommy says that we’re going to a big water park next week where I can do lots of splashing - I love splashing.
Next week we’re also going to Chattanooga for a few days with Bubbie and Boompa. Daddy has to stay home and work ::pout:: But Mommy says we’re going to have lots of fun and I can do lots of swimming. I might start having swim lessons soon. Mommy’s looking for a good place for me to go. I love being in the water. The other night I put my face in the water and it wasn’t too bad. I might try it again.
What else have I been doing? I’m a super-fast crawler. I’ve been exploring the house. Even though all my toys are in the living room, I love to play in Mommy and Daddy’s bedroom. I usually find a kitty in there to play with. I like to snuggle with the kitties, when they let me. They’re also fun to chase! They don’t seem to like it when I use them to stand up.
I really want to walk. I’ve been practicing by holding on to Mommy or Daddy’s hands or the couch and moving around. I can stand up on my own for a few seconds and am working on finding my balance. It won’t be long now!
I’ve been eating all sorts of yummy food - pizza, cheesecake, bananas, tomatoes, chicken, carrots, potatoes, pancakes, eggs, potstickers, Mongolian beef, fried rice, ice cream. I’ve even had asparagus. But I love french fries! And animal crackers. Mommy and Daddy’s food tastes so much better than the jar food. I found out that if I stare at their food long enough, Mommy will give me some. Mommy says that when we’re out of the jar food she’s not going to buy any more and I can eat big people food. I’m getting really good at eating with my hands. And I’m really messy about it, too, which means that I get to take more baths - did I mention that I love to splash?
I’m already up way past my bed time to write this. I should’ve been in bed two hours ago! Shhhh - don’t tell Mommy and Daddy! They think I’m snug in my bed.
I will try to be better about writing. I always get to do such fun things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AMELIA!!! LOVE YOU BABE! xoxo Uncie Teddy
ReplyDelete