Sunday, June 21, 2009

June!

I know I haven’t updated in a while but I have been sooooooo busy! Got places to be, people to see... It’s exciting being six months old!

On June 12th I turned six months old. Mommy and Daddy say that I’m an old lady now. Being six months old is a lot of fun, and I’m doing so much more now than when I was only five months old. For instance, now I can crawl on my hands and knees. And I can sit up on my own without any help from Mom and Dad. I think I scared Mommy the other day when she came in after my nap and I was sitting up in my crib! But then she started laughing and telling me what a smart girl I am. I can also go after the cats, but they’re still a lot faster than I am - I’ve got to work on that! I can also pull myself up to a standing position. I like standing the best. And I like to cruise around holding Mommy’s hands or the couch. Sometimes I get tired and fall over. Mommy puts pillows behind me, and it’s lots of fun to fall back on to them. I also love to play with my toys. They are so so yummy! I have to put everything in my mouth before I play with it to test it out. I really like my stacking cups and spinny wheels.

All this moving really makes it difficult for Mommy and Daddy to change my diaper or my clothes because I’m super fast on the changing table. Sometimes they have to catch me by my feet before I go flying off. They ruin all my fun! But as soon as they put me down, I’m off again. I flip over and get on my hands and knees. There are so many neat things over the edge of the table. Mommy and Daddy gave me a bear to play with on the table. They think that the bear distracts me while they’re changing me, but the bear and I have plans! I like to drop my bear on the floor and watch him from above.

Every day Mommy and I get in the car and go somewhere. Sometimes we go shopping at Target or the grocery store and I get to ride in the cart like a big girl. Mommy says that since I can sit up so well on my own that I get to ride in the front of the cart and look around at everything. I also get to sit in highchairs when we go out. I like this much better than being in my car seat. Lately, Mommy and I have been going over to Bubbie’s house almost every day. Bubbie had surgery and is home recovering, so we go over to keep her company. I like to play with Jake the dog and pet his fur. He’s not as fun to go after as the cats since he’s so big. He also doesn’t have a long tail for me to eat. But he’s nice and gives me kisses (even though Mommy tells him to stop). After we play with Bubbie, we usually go play with our friends. Some times we go to the park and I get to swing, other times we go to a friend’s house to play or swim. I got my own pool the other day and can’t wait to have my friends over to swim in it. I tried it out today and it was lots of fun.

I also go to Wiggleworm class at the YMCA. It’s a lot of fun! There’s a slide to go down, and a ball to bounce on, and tunnels for me to go under. I like the big wedge that I get to roll down.

Now that I’m six months old, I can also sleep through the night. I miss seeing Mommy and Daddy during the night, but I’m so happy when I see them in the morning. I usually go to bed around 8p and wake up around between 5 and 6 in the morning. I have a bottle and then go back to sleep for a couple more hours. When I wake up again, I get to have breakfast: oatmeal and fruit. I’m eating so much more these days; Mommy’s always amazed at how much I eat. For dinner tonight, I ate about six ounces of food. Mommy got some yummy food in jars in lots of different flavors. I think I like it better than the fresh homemade food that Mommy made, but shhh!, don’t tell Mommy!

Time for me to go to sleep now. Got to get my rest for tomorrow. Mommy said that we’re going swimming with our friends at the park. I love to swim and be with my friends! Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment