Saturday, May 23, 2009

About ME

I was born December 12, 2008, at 528p at Missouri Baptist Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. I weighed in at 5 pounds, 15 ounces, and was 21 inches long.

Since then I've changed a bit! I'm now almost 14 pounds and quite a few inches longer. I didn't do too much at first, but in the last few months I've started doing all sorts of things!

I started rolling over from my stomach to my back when I was about 6 weeks old. I hated being on my belly then. But I think it was because I was drinking milk-based formula at the time. But once Mom and Dad switched me over to soy formula, my tummy's been pretty happy. I rolled from my back to my tummy when I was 14 weeks old. Boy, was that fun! From then on, I've liked being on my belly, and rolling back and forth. In fact, I like it so much that I roll all over the place.

But that was before I started crawling. Wow! My whole world has opened up. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my knees up under me, but it's coming. I can crawl on my belly by pulling with my arms and pushing with my feet and knees. Mom thinks it's the greatest thing ever! She calls it "army crawling," and cried when I did it - she seems to cry a lot when I do neat things!

I'm able to play more with my toys, too. Mom got me a bunch of new toys the other day - they are so much fun! I've been busy trying them all out. Some taste better than others. But I really like the ones that make noise. And I like the toys that spin. I have one toy that makes noise when I spin it - double happiness!

Mom takes me to the zoo a lot. I like the animals. Especially now that I sit in my stroller like a big girl. I didn't like being in my car seat. Now I can see a lot more around me. Like when we go walking with Boompa: I can see the trees and Jake the dog. I also like going to the park and sitting in the swing, that's a lot of fun! I like playing with my Daddy, too; he's a lot of fun. He swings me around and makes up silly names for me like Cutie Pumpkin Face and Squishy Bean. He's silly.

I'm also eating a lot more now. For a month Mom and Dad tried to give me rice cereal: yuck! I didn't like it at all, but they kept trying to put it in my mouth. Blah! They finally wised up and gave me oatmeal instead. That's a lot better. I've tried a lot of new food in the past week: oatmeal, applesauce, bananas, carrots and pears. I like the carrots and pears, but still like applesauce the best! I think Mom said that I'm going to try peas next. Wonder what those are?

I'm such a busy girl these days that I don't like to take naps; there's just too much to do! But Mom and Dad say that I have to so I have energy to do all the fun things I like to do. So I guess it's time for my nap now. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing! You can leave me comments here, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment